You don’t like a website with too much on a single page and a cluttered look, right? The same goes for your online web-store too. Customers hate to use websites which have too many categories and sub-categories to navigate. But, as an owner running a web-store, you have to put all your products online, even if they are more than a hundred, because that’s business for you. That’s where Magento development can help you.
What is Magento
Magento is an open-source software which lets you manage different websites and store-view with ease. In other words, let’s say you have an e-commerce platform with hundred different products on display. Such a large number of products on a single platform create confusion. The solution to eliminate this clutter and still have all your products online is to create different web-stores for different products.
With Magento, we can do that with ease. Magento helps create multiple children websites out of your main platform, with each website linked to the main platform. Thus, you get a central inventory system from where you can manage all your web-stores and the products on those stores with ease.
A complete B2B and a B2C solution
Whether you have a B2B model or a B2C model, Magento development can come in handy in both the cases. Here’s how:
- Let’s say you have a B2B model whereby you sell your products to agents who then sell it to the consumers. With Magento, you can create a different web-store for each agent, giving him the products of his choice only, without creating a website from scratch. Thus, with Magento, you can create a sub-store of your main online store within minutes, which helps you save time as well as money.
- At the same time, you have a central inventory system which is useful for you as well as your agents. The agents get to know the number of products remaining in your inventory while you get to know the number of products sold through all your agents; hence, a better analysis of your sales and better management for your agents. They can even opt or new products that you add to your inventory without you having to add data separately to their web-stores.
- Same is the case with a B2C solution. You give your customers easily navigable webstores, with the option of displaying multiple images for a product and other features which allow for easy product browsing.
- It has been seen that e-commerce platforms with an easy-to-use interface and more product images have higher sales than other platforms. And that’s what Magento development helps you achieve.
Some other features which make Magento an excellent B2B and a B2C solution for e-commerce are:
- Agents can choose their own rates for the products they sell, while you still get to keep track of the sales
- Agents can choose their own mode of payment, thus giving them the freedom to customize
- You can incorporate all the features of the main store in the child-stores
- Easy product browsing for customers, giving them a better shopping experience
- Customers can add products to a wishlist for buying them later
- Customers can view the status of their order and their shopping history, thus leading to better customer satisfaction
Custom web development
Now, when we say Magento creates children web-stores out of your main store, it does mean it simple replicates your main store. In fact, each web-store created with Magento is fully customizable. Magento is a complete custom web development solution. You can decide the layout, design, features and other aesthetic aspects of all your sub-stores, thus giving your agents and your customers the kind of platform they like.
With Magento’s custom web development feature, you can also choose which data to share between your different web-stores and which data to keep exclusive to a particular web-store.
Search engine friendly e-commerce solution
And if you thought Magento is only easier web management, think again. Magento has in-built search engine friendly tools which help in the process of search engine optimization. Magento automatically generates search engine friendly URLs as well as a sitemap which can be submitted to search engines. It even gives you the option of rewriting the URLs to give you complete control over your product pages’ structure. In addition to that, this open-source software also generates a popular search terms page which saves time on keyword analysis. It’s even integrated with Google analytics to help in analysis of visitors to your site and SEO analysis of your e-commerce platform.
That’s what makes Magento a search engine friendly e-commerce solution.
It has a range of other features which give you a robust e-commerce solution and help you in increasing your sales. And you get that by saving cost as well as time, thus making Magento a win-win solution for you.