Are you amazed? after writing positive posts i am posting an odd article. You must be curious to know reason behind this post.
you are interested to read this post due to this odd title. this reason of odd title is surprise factor, whenever you got unusual topic you obviously go through and read till the end of the post.
I am giving a practical example: you are visiting an e-commerce website where all the product listed there with best offers. if you got any odd offer like get 1000$ item in xx$ . you will go and find the details of offer. that offer is meant to surprise the visitor with strange offer.
You can also track open rate of emails with odd title. so you can get more response by sending odd titles in mails.
This surprise factor is major part of online viral marketing. this is a medium to distribute information to other.
if you want to surprise you visitor you need to do something odd. you can notice what viral campaign have odd stuff.
so following are some odd behaviors which you can try and see what response you will get. (note: do at your risk)
- Send mail to friends with title “ignore this mail not worth reading”
- Tell your friend that you started drinking coconut water instead of beer and you feel amazing etc..
You can adopt similar viral feature to gain your customer attention.
After my blog post like, how to get success online, how to get customer through website traffic. . :). Now i am tracking this odd title post hits and i will update my report soon.
image copyright: corbis
I just installed windows live writer in my local machine. now we can write offline and post it when post is complete. I like this tool very good because we can see preview while editing. you can download Windows Live Writer from http://windowslivewriter.spaces.live.com/. you can include flicker digg and twitter feature while writing the post. I am very exited about windows live.
Its seems that Windows live have very promising feature for blogging and networking.
Following are the feature of Window Live Writer.
- New border treatments (including Instant Photo)
- Crop and tilt photos
- Insert multiple photos
- Toolbar alignment commands enabled for images
- Insert and upload Windows Live photo albums
- Insert and publish video to YouTube
- Additional spell checking languages: Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, English (Australia), Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish, and Ukrainian
- Server-side tagging (for supported blogs)
- Type-down filtering in the Open dialog
- Twitter, Digg and Flickr Plug-ins
- Improved blog account setup
- Lightbox and Windows Live Spaces inline preview support
- Improved category control: adding categories, type-down filtering
- Tabbed view switching
- AutoLink glossary
- Smart quotes/typographic characters
- Word count
- Support for bidirectional languages (like Hebrew and Arabic)
- Tabs for view switching
- Updated look and feel
Following Are some new product from Google for April First 2009.
you can access their previous hi-tech product by following links.
I think you enjoyed. please comment. also let me know if i missed any product 🙂