You don’t like a website with too much on a single page and a cluttered look, right? The same goes for your online web-store too. Customers hate to use websites which have too many categories and sub-categories to navigate. But, as an owner running a web-store, you have to put all your products online, even if they are more than a hundred, because that’s business for you. That’s where Magento development can help you.
What is Magento
Magento is an open-source software which lets you manage different websites and store-view with ease. In other words, let’s say you have an e-commerce platform with hundred different products on display. Such a large number of products on a single platform create confusion. The solution to eliminate this clutter and still have all your products online is to create different web-stores for different products.
With Magento, we can do that with ease. Magento helps create multiple children websites out of your main platform, with each website linked to the main platform. Thus, you get a central inventory system from where you can manage all your web-stores and the products on those stores with ease.
A complete B2B and a B2C solution
Whether you have a B2B model or a B2C model, Magento development can come in handy in both the cases. Here’s how:
- Let’s say you have a B2B model whereby you sell your products to agents who then sell it to the consumers. With Magento, you can create a different web-store for each agent, giving him the products of his choice only, without creating a website from scratch. Thus, with Magento, you can create a sub-store of your main online store within minutes, which helps you save time as well as money.
- At the same time, you have a central inventory system which is useful for you as well as your agents. The agents get to know the number of products remaining in your inventory while you get to know the number of products sold through all your agents; hence, a better analysis of your sales and better management for your agents. They can even opt or new products that you add to your inventory without you having to add data separately to their web-stores.
- Same is the case with a B2C solution. You give your customers easily navigable webstores, with the option of displaying multiple images for a product and other features which allow for easy product browsing.
- It has been seen that e-commerce platforms with an easy-to-use interface and more product images have higher sales than other platforms. And that’s what Magento development helps you achieve.
Some other features which make Magento an excellent B2B and a B2C solution for e-commerce are:
- Agents can choose their own rates for the products they sell, while you still get to keep track of the sales
- Agents can choose their own mode of payment, thus giving them the freedom to customize
- You can incorporate all the features of the main store in the child-stores
- Easy product browsing for customers, giving them a better shopping experience
- Customers can add products to a wishlist for buying them later
- Customers can view the status of their order and their shopping history, thus leading to better customer satisfaction
Custom web development
Now, when we say Magento creates children web-stores out of your main store, it does mean it simple replicates your main store. In fact, each web-store created with Magento is fully customizable. Magento is a complete custom web development solution. You can decide the layout, design, features and other aesthetic aspects of all your sub-stores, thus giving your agents and your customers the kind of platform they like.
With Magento’s custom web development feature, you can also choose which data to share between your different web-stores and which data to keep exclusive to a particular web-store.
Search engine friendly e-commerce solution
And if you thought Magento is only easier web management, think again. Magento has in-built search engine friendly tools which help in the process of search engine optimization. Magento automatically generates search engine friendly URLs as well as a sitemap which can be submitted to search engines. It even gives you the option of rewriting the URLs to give you complete control over your product pages’ structure. In addition to that, this open-source software also generates a popular search terms page which saves time on keyword analysis. It’s even integrated with Google analytics to help in analysis of visitors to your site and SEO analysis of your e-commerce platform.
That’s what makes Magento a search engine friendly e-commerce solution.
It has a range of other features which give you a robust e-commerce solution and help you in increasing your sales. And you get that by saving cost as well as time, thus making Magento a win-win solution for you.
Web marketing is the cornerstone of successful business marketing. One key component of web marketing is the search engine ranking and internet presence of the business’ website. This realization urges businesses to hire professional SEO consultants to manage the internet marketing of their website. However, simply hiring a SEO consultant is not enough. You need to ensure that the firm is capable of providing world class services as well. To do that, look for business practices that are the mark of an excellent SEO service provider. Some of these qualities are:
Extensive Knowledge: A SEO guru should have knowledge of SEO consulting, keyword analysis, content development and copywriting skills, link building and directory submission guidelines. Along with these technical skills, a SEO consultant needs to have a good idea about marketing and the latest developments in the SEO domain. Marketing skills also include research orientation, which will enable the consultant to gain valuable insight which can be translated into optimization tools.
Ability to take hard decisions: The top priority of a SEO consultant is marketing of the website. So the client has to be informed of changes in the website, which might not be very welcome. In such situations, the SEO consultant needs to get the changes done in a determined way. For example, informing a client that expensive Flash designs on the website have no use from a SEO point of view.
Good SEO Consultant
Customized services: It is rightly said ‘different strokes for different folks’, and this age old proverb holds true for internet marketing as well. No two websites are exactly the same, and so the SEO strategies used for them will also vary. A good SEO consultant will not use the same set of strategies for each client. Rather, the consultant should be able to analyze the unique requirements of the client and provide suitable, customized SEO solutions.
Business understanding: To be able to provide customized services, a SEO consultant must be curious about the client’s business and marketing goals. This drive to know and understand the client’s business shows that the SEO consultant is passionate about the uniqueness and challenges of each project. And the more the consultant understands your niche market; the superior will be his SEO solutions.
Prioritization: In SEO optimization, there is often a need to prioritize content over web aesthetics and long term goals over quick gains. An SEO consultant needs to be able to look at the client’s web pages and logically analyze the level of optimization of the content to come up with strategies. He needs to identify natural integration of keywords, keyword density and remove duplicate content from the text. The tone, choice of words and writing style should be geared towards relevant content, which can then be optimized, before putting the final strategies into action.
Transparency: There are SEO firms which use illegal black hat practices to promote websites and get quick results. SEO firms which use legal and credible practices are willing to share their plan of action with the client. They communicate the basic method and its intended results honestly and professionally to the client. Only those consultants who have something to hide remain furtive.
Internet has changed the face of commerce drastically. Gone are the days, when customers would call up to enquire about the services of a company. Internet has brought the world to the fingertips of the customers, and all they have to do is Google the name of a company to gather information about it! There are also numerous blogs, social media sites and online consumer forums, for consumer reviews. Business owners are severely affected by such reviews, which can make or break their brand image.
Web reputation management(WRM) is gaining importance, as indicated by the World Economic Forum’s recognition of web reputation firms as an important entity in today’s scenario. A bad review by an irate customer, internet slandering campaigns by competitors, and negative feedback indicating consumer dissatisfaction could cause considerable damage to your business reputation. In such a situation, you need to act fast by hiring professional search engine reputation management (SERM) consultants.
Web reputation management firms use a variety of strategies to prevent potentially harmful content about your business from showing up in the first pages of search engine results. Here are some of the benefits of using professional web reputation management services:
- Building Positive Brand Image: During difficult times, a web reputation management firm can build positive blogs and websites for your company. By reducing the visibility of negative comments, creating a positive PR, and pushing positive information about you in the top search engine results, they promote a positive brand image. Their reputation management services will ensure that when potential clients do a background search of you and your company, they will find positive results.
- Effective Monitoring – A professional web reputation management firm will monitor the information about your company in search engine result pages, social networking sites, and other web sphere content. They can track consumer opinion using search engine alerts, RSS feeders to track keywords, and conduct extensive research about the company’s internet presence. Through monitoring and extensive market research, they can quickly identify sites with negative user comments and deal with them effectively, so that they don’t turn up in the first few pages of search engine results.
- Creating Content – The basic tenet of SEO is content creation. To combat negative feedback, web reputation management firms create positive content which are seen by search engines as more relevant and push down the other negative comments about your firm. SEO and web reputation management usually go hand in hand, so it is essential to hire a firm that has both the skills.
- Other remedial measures – User generated content on the web impact the brand image of any business, be it an online company or a brick and mortar company. Brand management strategies cannot be limited to a few mechanical steps. Good web reputation management includes diverse measures such as social network profiling; blog, article and press release; and promotion of existing positive content. Formal take down requests and negotiations can also be used to remove negative content from the web.
Web reputation is a part of SEO itself but not all SEO firms have the expertise in this field. Only an experienced and competent firm can handle your web reputation effectively. And thus, selecting the right SEO firm gains paramount importance.
Don’t wait for a crisis to turn to web reputation management professionals. Do it right now. After all, as the saying goes, “the early bird catches the worm.”