You have your flashy website ready, but the hits are very low. Have you thought why?
It is true that the colours, design, logo and photos make an impression on the visitors of your website, but what is most important is the content of your website. The quality of the content on your website is truly a deciding factor for the success of your business, as your website is the first face of your company that a customer sees. And therefore, it is imperative that your website should speak for your company.
Content Is the King
How to make your content interesting to read, increase the hits and make it successful? Here are the secrets
Know your customer
The secret to quality content is to know exactly who is reading it. It is important to know your target audience and your website having exactly what they are looking for. Instead of just plainly inserting the keywords in your pages, make the content an interesting read and also make sure it aesthetically includes the keywords for the SEO. Make it interactive as customers like to have an upper hand on what they choose, and giving the customers the upper hand lets YOU have the upper hand without the customer knowing it.
Keep it short
Remember the KISS formula – Keep it short and simple. When a customer is doing a search in Google, you have only few seconds to make that first impression. So the maximum information you could give in minimum number of words would do the magic. You might have a lot to talk about your company, but knowing what to keep and what to delete is very important. Knowing which sentences would directly end up making the visitor a customer is an important aspect. After all, nobody has the time to go through pages with tonnes of information. It’s a fast paced world, remember?
Next key is to regularly update your content. It is important to create fresh content regularly. Even if it is a small change, ensure you update the website weekly or even daily. Google loves a regularly updated website. Any content change would be helpful to bring it up in Google search.
Trust the experts
You have put all your time, effort and money in building up your business, but it is always good to leave the job to the people who do it best. There are several free websites available on the web offering free content, but there is nothing like creative and unique content which matches your business. Know that your content writers are experienced and would know exactly which words would boost your business. If good content could boost your business, bad content could kill it double fast. Therefore, choose the writers wisely. After all, a comma and a hyphen could change the whole meaning of a sentence.
A mantra for success- The content of your website is the primary tool you have to win customers, use it wisely.
Internet has changed the face of commerce drastically. Gone are the days, when customers would call up to enquire about the services of a company. Internet has brought the world to the fingertips of the customers, and all they have to do is Google the name of a company to gather information about it! There are also numerous blogs, social media sites and online consumer forums, for consumer reviews. Business owners are severely affected by such reviews, which can make or break their brand image.
Web reputation management(WRM) is gaining importance, as indicated by the World Economic Forum’s recognition of web reputation firms as an important entity in today’s scenario. A bad review by an irate customer, internet slandering campaigns by competitors, and negative feedback indicating consumer dissatisfaction could cause considerable damage to your business reputation. In such a situation, you need to act fast by hiring professional search engine reputation management (SERM) consultants.
Web reputation management firms use a variety of strategies to prevent potentially harmful content about your business from showing up in the first pages of search engine results. Here are some of the benefits of using professional web reputation management services:
- Building Positive Brand Image: During difficult times, a web reputation management firm can build positive blogs and websites for your company. By reducing the visibility of negative comments, creating a positive PR, and pushing positive information about you in the top search engine results, they promote a positive brand image. Their reputation management services will ensure that when potential clients do a background search of you and your company, they will find positive results.
- Effective Monitoring – A professional web reputation management firm will monitor the information about your company in search engine result pages, social networking sites, and other web sphere content. They can track consumer opinion using search engine alerts, RSS feeders to track keywords, and conduct extensive research about the company’s internet presence. Through monitoring and extensive market research, they can quickly identify sites with negative user comments and deal with them effectively, so that they don’t turn up in the first few pages of search engine results.
- Creating Content – The basic tenet of SEO is content creation. To combat negative feedback, web reputation management firms create positive content which are seen by search engines as more relevant and push down the other negative comments about your firm. SEO and web reputation management usually go hand in hand, so it is essential to hire a firm that has both the skills.
- Other remedial measures – User generated content on the web impact the brand image of any business, be it an online company or a brick and mortar company. Brand management strategies cannot be limited to a few mechanical steps. Good web reputation management includes diverse measures such as social network profiling; blog, article and press release; and promotion of existing positive content. Formal take down requests and negotiations can also be used to remove negative content from the web.
Web reputation is a part of SEO itself but not all SEO firms have the expertise in this field. Only an experienced and competent firm can handle your web reputation effectively. And thus, selecting the right SEO firm gains paramount importance.
Don’t wait for a crisis to turn to web reputation management professionals. Do it right now. After all, as the saying goes, “the early bird catches the worm.”
Are you amazed? after writing positive posts i am posting an odd article. You must be curious to know reason behind this post.
you are interested to read this post due to this odd title. this reason of odd title is surprise factor, whenever you got unusual topic you obviously go through and read till the end of the post.
I am giving a practical example: you are visiting an e-commerce website where all the product listed there with best offers. if you got any odd offer like get 1000$ item in xx$ . you will go and find the details of offer. that offer is meant to surprise the visitor with strange offer.
You can also track open rate of emails with odd title. so you can get more response by sending odd titles in mails.
This surprise factor is major part of online viral marketing. this is a medium to distribute information to other.
if you want to surprise you visitor you need to do something odd. you can notice what viral campaign have odd stuff.
so following are some odd behaviors which you can try and see what response you will get. (note: do at your risk)
- Send mail to friends with title “ignore this mail not worth reading”
- Tell your friend that you started drinking coconut water instead of beer and you feel amazing etc..
You can adopt similar viral feature to gain your customer attention.
After my blog post like, how to get success online, how to get customer through website traffic. . :). Now i am tracking this odd title post hits and i will update my report soon.
image copyright: corbis
I just gone through Google Friend Connect. You can see Google Friend Connect Gadget on my website. Find at right bar of my Website. I will appreciate to join me. I also install Google Friend connect Plug-in for WordPress find it by submitting a comment. your comment will display with your profile photo and details.
following are the detail of Google connect.
Google Friend Connect means more people engaging more deeply with your website — and with each other
- Enrich your site
Choose engaging social features from a catalog of gadgets by Google and the OpenSocial developer community.
- Attract more visitors
Your users can easily invite friends from social networks and contact lists to visit and join your site.
- No programming whatsoever
Just copy and paste a few snippets of code into your site, and Friend Connect does the rest.
With Google Friend Connect, visitors to your site or blog can:
- Sign in with their Google, Yahoo, AIM or OpenID account.
- Interact with other visitors by making friends, sharing media, posting comments, playing games, and more.
- Invite friends from other social networks and contact lists to join your site or blog.
Visit Goggle friend: http://www.google.com/friendconnect/home/intro
Update: I have removed this plug-ins due to some error and non compatibility with my design. i will ad this feature in my website soon
In my opinion worlds greatest business mind hunt is Viral Marketing.
View one very popular viral video from source: http://www.worldsgreatestbusinessmind.com/20090329-Pankaj-Pandey-create.html.
You can see how this video is spreading world wide. for this time viral marketing is the biggest and successful media for marketing.
Following are some information about viral marketing.
Definition: Marketing phenomenon that facilitates and encourages people to pass along a marketing message.
Viral marketing depends on a high pass-along rate from person to person. If a large percentage of recipients forward something to a large number of friends, the overall growth snowballs very quickly. If the pass-along numbers get too low, the overall growth quickly fizzles.
At the height of B2C it seemed as if every startup had a viral component to its strategy, or at least claimed to have one. However, relatively few marketing viruses achieve success on a scale similar to Hotmail, widely cited as the first example of viral marketing.
content source: http://www.marketingterms.com/dictionary/viral_marketing/ you can find more article there.